Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rose Cottage by KH: Muscian Shout-Out

When I heard this gentleman first play I literally stopped in my tracks. It was at the 4th Street Ball at City Hall. I had just arrived and was rushing about frantically trying to --

It doesn't matter. Because when I heard him start to play I forgot what I was supposed to be doing. I grabbed my friend Zac's sleeve, almost knocked his camera to the floor, and stage whispered, "Who is that?! Who is playing?" He shook his head and replied, "I don't know. But he's killing it."

And that was how I was introduced to Shayfer James. And I've been a huge fan ever since.

So when I started planning the Rose Cottage by Kanibal Home event I made one demand: I need to have Shayfer James. I sent off a tentative email, crossed my fingers, may have promised away my first born and -- lo and behold -- he agreed to play the event. And not only is he a talented musician, but he's been an absolute gentleman to work with as well.


I highly recommend you come and hear this man live, but -- in the meantime -- you can also listen and learn more about Shayfer James here: http://www.shayferjames.com/

PS: Listen to Tombstone Road. It's addicting.




No comments: