Monday, August 2, 2010

Strange Cargo

I have a not-so-small obsession with all things military, homeland security and good ol' Americana. Yup, I'm that freak that watches the border crossing cop shows on Spike TV and the Homeland Security show that was on prime time last year. As much as I love the people, though, it's what people try to bring with them that really gets me all jazzed up.

So you can only imagine my delight when I found out there is going to be an exhibition called "Contraband" that's dedicated to all the random stuff that people try to smuggle through JFK Airport. The 1,075 photos will be on display at the Lever House Art Collection in New York starting September 30th, but in the meantime the New York Times has a small preview. Here are some of my favorites:

No comments: