Thursday, December 31, 2009

Renovation Special: Kanibal's Displays

I have a problem I'd like to admit. It's a deep dark secret. Ok, here it is: I'm rarely happy with a room's layout. And I feel the need to change it often.

The shop has been a particular thorn in my side. Another truth: I have NO patience. Sooo it has taken every ounce of will power for me over the last month not to rip apart the shop and start all over. So after Christmas that's just what I did!


(Here's the shop before ... well, the area that I'm about to attack.)


(Another view of the soon-to-be destruction zone.)


(The chosen one. A two piece curio cabinet.)


(The bottom.)


(Did you really think I was going to keep it in its original condition? Oh come on, you know me better. This is the bottom of the cabinet after a coat of primer and two coats of black paint.)


(Pulling all the boxes out of the back. All the contents off all the shelving units and dragging everything around the small shop so I can meticulously rearrange. Exhausting, but so satisfying.)


(And the almost-final product. I say "almost" because there's still a couple pieces left to fix.)


(Cool branch display, huh? That was a last-minute addition. I think it fits Finch very well.)

So what do you guys think? Pretty crazy how big it makes the shop look, right?

And the exciting part is this is only the beginning of many changes to come in 2010. New upholstered furniture will be in the shop by the end of the month. New products. Tons of new clothes.

Happy New Year! And thanks for making '09 so amazing for us over here at Kanibal Home.

No comments: