Saturday, January 9, 2010

When It Rains ... It Pours

Isn't that the truth. When it rains, it pours. With money, happiness and -- especially -- love.

That's the inspiration for Kanibal Home's January/February window. Subtle details that tell a all-too-familiar story.

Here's the process and the thinking behind the window:

(It all started with a cloud. I love using cardboard in Kanibal Home's windows because it reflects my belief on reusing every day materials in interesting ways, but also because I feel it lends a sense of whimsy and playfulness. I cut the clouds from cardboard boxes and then distressed them to give texture and a sense of depth.)


(I knew I wanted raindrops, but then I thought it would be more appropriate to make the newspaper drops into little hearts. Subtle details, people. This is a window about love after all. And Valentine's Day will be here before we know it. Or want it.)


(Stringing hearts. Forever and ever.)


(You mow your lawn, I roll my out. I never thought in a million years that I would be such a frequent shopper at floral supply stores, but those places are a craft diva's dream.)


(Halfway there ...)


(Now here comes the whimsy. Our little mannequin girl is looking all professional, doing her thing, feeling the love and then ... she drops her suitcase in the middle of storm and all her gorgeous items tumble out.)


(She's still looking fabulous, but ... when it rains, it pours. It's all or nothing, kids.)


(The End.)

No comments: